Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Favorite Children's Quote

 The children's quote that is especially meaningful to me is the African proverb which states:  "It takes a village to raise a child."  It not only takes a teacher to be the child's first learner, but it takes the parents, family and community as a whole to give a child the best education possible.  By everyone giving the child the support and encouragement that he/she needs, makes the child become that more successful and motivated throughout life.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tonya,

    I love this quote as well Tonya! In fact, I often talk about the meaning of it with my children because they sometimes become upset, as I allow my close friends and family to help guide the way for them...as it truly does...take a village to raise a child...Do you find that people of our generation feel the same way that we do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the people of our generation do feel the same way. This new generation don't really seem to value the closeness of friends and family to help guide them. I'm glad I had some good teaching and lots of wisdom given to me.

    ReplyDelete