Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Favorite Children's Book

     The children's book that I love is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?" by Eric Carle.  I love this book because it teaches rhyme, repetition, colors and different types of animals.  When I was a teacher in a preschool classroom, my children loved for me to read this book.  They were able to read the pictures of the book through repetition while learning how to rhyme as well.  This book is a very good way to teach children vocabulary and sounds.

2 comments:

  1. Tonya,

    You are so right. I read this book everytime I am introducing the letter B. This book is a must have for all early childhood educators. Great book with great skills

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I love this book!!!!!!!!!! I had a little girl last year that had a speech problem. She was getting extra help outside the classroom and the resource teacher came to me and said she want to let her read the book to the class. This little girl I could never understand what she was talking. But when begin to read the book her speech was clear. She was also hispanic. Also, we created the book and made it into a classroom book by taking pics of the kids in room and using the same pattern as Brown Bear, Brown Bear. Instead we used Pre-K, Pre-K What do you see and we input the kids name.

    ReplyDelete